Medford Judo Academy
Featuring Danzan Ryu Jujitsu Since 1960
Techniques & Boards
How to tie your Obi
you remember all those names? Medford Judo Academy has
produced an Audio "Flash Cards" CD.
CD, which gives names and definitions for techniques, is an excellent
study aid for students of Danzan Ryu Jujitsu.
Danzan Ryu Jujitsu's teaching system is based on selections of
techniques categorized in lists, or "Boards."
Some lists in this system
are restricted to black belts only. For lists of which
techniques are required for each rank advancement, see our Members page.
Danzan Ryu Boards:
- Yawara -
soft techniques (basic holds and escapes)
- Nage Te -
- Shime Te -
- Oku Te -
techniques (advanced combination arts)
- Goshen Jitsu
- self-defense arts (also known as women's yawara or women's self
- Ate Mi -
- Shinin - beginning black belt techniques
- Shinyo - instructor level black belt techniques
- Shingin - professor level black belt techniques
- Kiai No Maki - spirit yell techniques
- Kappo - recuscitation and restorative massage techniques
- Ukemi -
- Fujin Goshin No Maki - The Scroll of Women’s Self-Defense
- Nage No Kata II
- Shime No Kata II
- Oku No Kata II